Fricassee Chicken is another childhoold favorite of mine. Every time I make this dish, childhood memories come flooding back. My Dad would slow cook this dish on a Saturday or Sunday and we would continue to enjoy it for the next 2-3 days.
- 4 1/2 pounds stewing chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 medium Onions, sliced
- 3 Stalks celery, sliced
- 2 Carrots, pared and sliced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 package (10 oz. size) noodles, cooked and drained
- Chopped parsley
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry. Season with salt and paprika.
- Place sliced vegetables and bay leaf in crock pot.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Pour in chicken broth. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 12 hours. One hour before serving; turn to HIGH setting. Remove chicken pieces; bone and return meat to the crock pot.
- Make a smooth paste of flour and water and stir into liquid in crock pot. Cover and cook until thickened.
Serve over hot noodles; sprinkle with chopped parsley. If you have any modifications to make this recipe more delicious then feel free to leave a comment.