Fried Plantains was a staple or morning breakfast for me and my Jamaican family. I hope you enjoy the recipe as well.
- 4 firm-ripe plantains
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Peel and slice the plantains. I find that the best way to slice them is either diagonally or you can cut the plantain in half and slice lengthwise. The plantain can also be sliced lengthwise full size, but the smaller diagonal or half slices are easier to fry.
- Heat the oil over medium heat (around 375 degrees is good) in a large frying pan and add the sliced plantains.
- Fry plantians until golden brown. They will cook very quickly, be careful not to burn them.
- Place fried plantains on a paper towel and dry off any excess oil.
Thats it! Serve warm. Brown sugar is a good addition if ya want to sweet it up mon. If you any thing to add to this recipe then feel free to add a comment.